Looking forward to 2014
So many things happening in 2014:
- starting my first real job at PricewaterhouseCoopers on Jan. 6th! it’s just an internship, but hopefully it will turn into a full time job after I complete my master’s program!
- going to Europe to visit my best friend! I’ve never been before and we’re visiting Paris, London, Rome, Venice, etc. etc. and I am beyond excited to spend two weeks abroad with her after not seeing her for 9 months!!!
- starting grad school - unsure of where, but I think at Michigan and I’m excited!!
looking back at 2013
some really wonderful things happened to me in 2013—
- got my dream internship with PricewaterhouseCoopers - it really made all my hard work and determination in college seem worth it. I worked my ass off these last two years and it all was worth it in the end.
- graduated from college - in 3 1/2 years — this is almost unheard of these days and it feels good to have done it.. Part of me wanted to do it because I was sick of college, but I also feel good about it because (I know this sounds silly but..) it was finally something I beat my sisters at. They were valedictorians in high school and went to Michigan too, so to be able to graduate before them felt great. And I’m just excited to have graduated and be done!
- got accepted to the Ross School of Business Master’s program - once again—I think my parents underrated this achievement until they talked to some of their friends who thought this was amazing. But I am proud of myself for working hard in my accounting classes in order to be accepted. It really felt great
- no hiccups in my relationship - my relationship with luke is stronger than ever and I couldn’t be happier. 2013 did great things for us—we had a great summer together and just became closer and we both are so happy together :)
- led a happier life than I have in the past - after this year, I feel like this past semester I was happier than I have been at college so far; happy ellen!
let’s hope 2014 can be just as good!